2010년 12월 30일 목요일

19. Time and Space


Medium: Foam board,  Fishing gut,  Stone-spray,  Black-spray
Size:   18 x 10 x 6 
Date:  Aug, 2009
I’ve always found the architectural structure of Korean traditional sundial   
to  be fascinating ; sundial visualizes the flow of time with the position of
shade. The fact that time parameter, which is somewhat a vague concept, can
be presented visually with the aid of architectural invention inspired me to
work on this topic. First, I created three layers of flat zone that represents
space.’ Then, I positioned the triangular planes which will create shades in
different directions. Lastly, I attached disheveled fishing gut on top of
triangular planes in order to implicitly portray the flow of time. As I
attempted to delineate the significance of time and space in this piece, I
entitled this as “A space-time continuum.”

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기